Ultra Gloss Acrylic Enamels
Ultra Gloss Acrylic Enamels are air-cured enamels designed to paint on glass that are durable, scratch resistant, and washable in only seven days. Easy one-step process requires no surface conditioning or top coats. Ultra Gloss Acrylic Enamels have excellent coverage and a superb gloss finish that make them the best paint for decorating glass, tiles, glazed ceramics, and other non-porous surfaces. They can be baked in the home oven for dishwasher use.
Number of Colors: 41
Features and Advantages:
- Glazed ceramics
- Prepared metal
- Hard plastic
- Resin surfaces
- Children's toys
- Christmas ornaments
Additional Decorating Ideas/Applications:
- Weather-resistant for outdoor use
- Durable and scratch-resistant
- Bright, glossy colors
- Colors are intermixable
- Easy to use - one step application
- Washable in only 7 days
- Soap and water clean up
- Craft painters will find Ultra Gloss acrylic enamel perfect for personalizing and painting on mugs, visors, Styrofoam, toys, furniture, picture frames, signs and posters, school binders and notebooks, using Ultra Gloss Fine Liner (DG50).
- Clean glass, glazed ceramic or china surfaces with vinegar and warm water. Allow to dry thoroughly before painting. While painting on these surfaces, take care to keep hands free of oils and lotions.
- Use Clear Medium to thin Ultra Gloss paints.
- When using Ultra Gloss over a dull or porous surface, for maximum gloss, seal with Clear Medium before painting.
- Coordinate glassware and dinnerware for decorative use using Ultra Gloss and Easy Cling Stencils.
- Use Ultra Gloss to decorate around the edges of the glass in picture frames.
- Smudges may be removed using a stylus, toothpick or other finely tipped tool.
- For added durability and to obtain dishwasher-safe finish on oven-safe painted pieces, cure paint for 24 hours before oven baking. Place piece in cool oven and then heat to 325°F (170°C) for 30 minutes. Let oven cool down before removing.
- Do not use on surfaces which would require alcohol-base cleansers.
- If ceramic tiles are to be used in bathroom, lightly sand or scuff surface before painting, then follow baking instructions.
- Do not use on trivets, where hot objects will be placed directly on painted surface.
- Do not soak or use harsh cleaners on painted pieces.
- Pieces painted with Ultra Gloss should not be used on everyday glassware, but should be used as you would fine crystal.
- Tempered glass is resistant to paint, so it is advisable to “bake.”
- Although Ultra Gloss is non-toxic, it is not recommended for use where food or utensils will be in direct contact with painted areas.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 November, 1999.